I trust everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday - we have so many blessings and so much to be thankful for. Pastor T spoke this morning on being thankful always in all things, it was a good reminder.
I spent Thanksgiving day in the kitchen - 8 hours of work and a few short moments around the table and it was time to clean up. Don't get me wrong, I am thankful we had the food to prepare and share with family around the table, but I really do need to find a way to make this easier for Christmas. I spent the next day trying to recuperate.
Friday my son and I braved blizzard conditions and slick roads to drive into town so he could cash his check, I bit my nails the entire trip. We stopped by a few stores in town but could not find what he was looking for. I was very happy to get back home.
Saturday Hubby had to spend quite a bit of time at the rink so son and I just relaxed and watched some movies, it was one of those lazy days. I did manage to do some organizing in my studio with some scrapbook materials. Hopefully this week I can put in some time with my craft.
Son left this morning...I was not ready to see him go...then again I don't think I ever am. I always miss him so much right after he leaves. Daughter #2 is here...she and Hubby just went ice skating.
My body is still complaining about the long hours in the kitchen and the overdose of food this weekend. I had just a salad for lunch today...it's time to get back on track.
Winter is here! We had quite a bit of snow this weekend and it's coming down again this afternoon. Tomorrow, my usual schedule has been changed in order to get my car in for an oil change and snow tires. 5 months to go!! UGH! It's hard to be thankful for snow. I am thankful for my comfortable home and the fire that keeps it toasty and warm. I'll be hibernating soon.
Hi Julie! I'm so happy you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I agree..it can be so exhausting to host a holiday. At the end of the night on Thanksgiving I flopped on the couch and realized that I had been in the kitchen since 7am! Your new background is beautiful! Have a wonderful week!
ReplyDeleteI love your graphics. They look like Kincades. I know what you mean about the recuperating. I feel the same way, but I've still got so much to finish around the house, there's still no rest for me. I did goof off a bit yesterday, but I could use more. I'm glad you had a great Thanksgiving with your kids. It is always hard to see them leave. My #2 daughter and her family went back to Michigan yesterday. I miss them. I tried not to overdue on the food, but I've already put on a couple pounds. Must have been the gravy, pumpkin pie and the other sweets. I've got to get back on track too. We do have so much to be thankful for that we must never forget. God made us the stewards, we must take care of it all and be thankful. Hope you have a good day.
ReplyDelete