Friday, October 11, 2013

Goodbye Summer

Today looks like it will be our last day for warm temps. It's been in the low 70's this week...perfect weather! 

 I need to take my palm tree outside and put it in a larger pot, then bring it back inside and I also have to juice the rest of the apples - they are starting to go bad. I didn't have any students yesterday, one cancelled and the others are on every other week and this was the off week. 

I am trying to make some Christmas cards to sell and use the materials that some ladies at church donated. I don't know now if I'm going to have an Etsy Store or not. Looking up how to get it started got me rather stressed - I'll have to open a Paypal account and probably another bank account just for that and I'm weighing cost/work involved against what I will get it return and I'm not sure it's going to be worth it. Plus, I haven't had any time to work on my scrapbooks and I'm not getting any younger. I really just want to add piano students if possible to make more money. I do feel as though I have to make a few cards and at least try to sell them one way or another so I can have something to report to those who donated materials. I got one made last night and hope to do some more today. I have two students today, a total of one hour of teaching, so I hope I can get something accomplished today. 

I haven't been feeling well the last few days so I'm on a juice fast for at least today, maybe tomorrow as well. 

Hubby gave me an early birthday present last night...CASTLE SEASON 5!!  He's so funny, he can't wait to give me gifts when he knows I'm going to love it! We spent the evening enjoying it together.

Well that's about as dry and boring as it comes; I guess I'm in get-it-done mode today and too focused on my projects and the ticking clock. 


2 comments:

  1. Maybe your hubby needs to talk to my hubby. Bob has no idea on how to buy gifts. I've often wondered why. You have a sweet man.
    Starting a business on your own can be very intimidating. I hope you can pick up some more students.
    Hope you get to feeling better. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun that you got a gift early!! Giving gifts is so much fun!

    Getting all the start-up things done is the worst part of beginning your own business. Keep us posted. Your cards are beautiful!!

    Wishing you a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete