Tuesday, March 04, 2014

So Tired

I cleaned house this morning and spent 30 minutes on the treadmill and another 20 doing my stretches, then I taught four piano lessons this afternoon and I'm tellin'ya...I did just fine until I closed the door after the last one left and I realized just how exhausted I am....then the dogs want to go for their walk....whew.

I'm done...done in. It's 5:30 p.m. and I'm ready for my jammies and my favorite chair and TV show. Hubby is coming down with a cold and has had equipment break-downs today so I imagine he will not be very happy when he does come home. He also has hockey later and I should start my Easter cards while he's gone, but I don't know if I can. I want to make some Iris Folding cards - something like this:



I got a call from a dear friend while I was teaching that I couldn't take. Actually she was my mother's best friend. It's so interesting because she has been on my mind a lot lately and I really wanted to hear what she had to say. I may give her a call tonight. I've also had my mom on my mind a lot lately...more than usual, so hearing from Donna is just so well timed.


This is a picture of Pike's Peak that popped up on my Facebook page today - again with the timing. This is where my mother grew up and the peak keeps watch over where she was laid to rest. My heart aches to go back there and see her grave site...I never have had that closure. I also still have family there and would love to see them all. Oh Momma...how I miss you.

A hot bath is sounding really good right now.


4 comments:

  1. What a busy day you had..no doubt you are exhausted! I think your mom is sending you her love through all these little signs you have been getting. My dad does it all the time! The Iris Folding card is so pretty! It's hard to believe that Easter will be here soon. I hope you are able to take a hot bath and do some relaxing this evening! You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did look very tired. That's why I asked how you were. I was afraid you were getting sick. I hope you're in your jammies and resting.
    What a beautiful picture of Pike's Peak. I hope your mom's friend is ok. Maybe she'd been having the same thoughts as you and wanted to check on you. Our minds and hearts are quite miracles when you think about it. Two people can have the same thoughts and feelings and be miles apart.
    You take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Busy indeed! You know, all the reminders of your mother just mean she is reaching out to you! How comforting it must feel to know she is near, especially when you are so busy with things. Hope you get to talk with her friend soon. I also hope your hubby doesn't get too sick with that cold. Wishing you a blessed night and day tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope the warm bath helped you relax before time for bed. Love the view of Pike's Peak. My Mother died when I was 34 and I still miss her, so understand how you feel.

    ReplyDelete