So we got our first big storm of the season yesterday, dumping approx. 24 inches of unwelcome white stuff. Here is a picture of our downtown that someone posted on Facebook:
Most of my students yesterday and today cancelled so I started a major cleaning project that has been waiting for me for weeks. I cleaned the kitchen walls and ceiling to get rid of what swatting mosquitoes this summer left behind. I still have the rest of the house to do, but it's a start. While in the kitchen I also cleaned the stove, refrigerator, microwave, windows, coffee cart and counters. I hope to get to the cabinet door fronts soon and clean out the cupboards. I'm saving floor scrubbing until after the family leaves after the holidays. No sense cleaning before we have 6 dogs in the house!!
So with the coming of winter, I will spend today sharing our last bit of summer with you. We had a garden again this year, but it struggled due to our colder than normal temperatures. One day as the season was winding down and I was out picking some of the last of our produce and I snapped a few photos of the plants as they were going to seed.
Hubby tilled it under and got the manure on it just in time before the snow began to fly! I'm already missing my tasty veggies...I'm so spoiled! I cooked up some frozen spinach from the store the other day and it was so bad I couldn't finish it! :P I even had a friend out there this year, though I was never able to get his picture. I named him Timothy (after the NCIS character Timothy McGee), he was a toad and I thought he truly did remind me of Sean Murray! He didn't seem too frightened of me as long as I watched where I stepped. His favorite place to hide was under the spinach!
Well I hope you enjoyed the last of summer with me, I enjoyed visiting the garden one last time.
More updates to come, stay tuned....


Welcome back! I've missed you! Loved seeing a couple of the wedding photos on Facebook, so I am anxiously waiting for you to catch us up on the wedding!! Hard to imagine two feet of snow on the ground!! Brrrrrr!!!
ReplyDeleteYour snow picture sure brings back memories of my childhood days in the upper peninsula of Michigan. I miss summer veggies too. Store tomatoes don't even taste like tomatoes :) I'm easing my way back into blogging. Have a wonderful week!
ReplyDeleteWelcome back, Julie! I have been watching the weather reports for the U.P. and I was thinking about you! I can't get over how early and how much snow you all have gotten already!
ReplyDeleteWow, am I ever late reading this. It's good to see you back. I've missed you. Now I'm going to try to post more too.
ReplyDeleteGoodness! Your town looks deserted with all that snow on the street and I'm sure it probably is. I enjoyed seeing the pretty colors on your flowers. Made me feel a bit warmer. It seems like we had such a short summer, then this frigid weather hits us with a bang. I'm never
Timothy? That's cute. I like McGee on NCIS.
Take care, my friend.