Saturday, February 14, 2015

Not Giving Up

Once again my plans took a backseat. Daughter came over unexpectedly yesterday and was in a very chatty mood. My goal list was once again tossed aside so I could spend time with her. I'm not complaining - I'm happy to spend time with her, but I also need to find a way to get in a routine that works. I was able to work on my scrapbook while we talked, so I was at least able to say I accomplished something. Today is going better. I'm taking a small break in my day, but there is only a couple more things on my To-Do list for the day and since Hubby is on the ice all evening, I have several hours still with which to work. 

We've had a blizzard raging here all day and it's about minus 12 below zero not counting wind chill. The wood stove is having a difficult time keeping the house warm...as a matter of fact, my hands, feet and nose have been cold all day. It doesn't look to warm up any time soon - I'm so over winter! Now I read that the area is under a Civil Emergency because of white-out conditions and life threatening freezing temperatures if someone were to get stranded. Sheesh!! I'm actually wishing they would cancel church for tomorrow, but I'm pretty sure they won't. It really is just too cold to be out if you don't have to be. 

I haven't been to practice the organ all week. It's been an unusual week with Gordon's memorial service on Monday, teaching on Tues., Wed., and Thursday and "company" on Friday. It was just much too miserable to go out today. All this to say, tomorrow morning I'll be leaving early so I can put together my music for service. Nothing out of the ordinary though so it should be fine. 

I'm not giving up on my goals...next week has to be better!

4 comments:

  1. Visiting with your daughter was a more important accomplishment. :-) Sorry about the horrendous weather! We have the bitter cold here and wind chills to minus 35, but thank goodness no blizzard! As it is, our stove too is having a hard time keeping up. I've got a quilted vest on and a throw tucked around me and am still cold! Stay safe and I hope you can get cozy warm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I came to the same conclusion a few months ago. I retired last August due to my worsening RA and found myself not accomplishing anything, partly due to illness but also to time stealing by others. I like helping people and spending time with the little family I have left but my writing was just not happening. So, I set up a schedule that treats my writing time as if it were my job. Then I told everyone when I would be working. Do you know, that has worked so well. I couldn't believe it. My son broke his leg three weeks ago in an accident and has to stay with me the next three months. It has thrown my schedule into a tailspin. I'm amazed at how well it was working and I'm not frustrated it is bogged down. He's improving and by Monday I hope to be back on track.

    Make yourself a schedule and share it with the people most important to you. Tell them why you're doing it, not to avoid them but to insure you accomplish things that must be accomplished, even it they're only important to you. I promise it works.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your days become more productive. I know you really want to set those goals and meet them. Don't be too hard on yourself, though!! Do what you enjoy. Life is short. Stay warm!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've had almost the same conditions here. I'm SO ready for warmer weather. You take care and try to stay warm.

    ReplyDelete