Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Yesterday and Today


The week has begun on the stressful side. Sunday night after our last walk with the dogs we noticed something was wrong with Suki she was up pacing and crying all night. She was obviously in pain, even to go potty. I canceled my practice time yesterday and took her to the vet, it seems her spine is loaded with arthritis. She is now on an anti-inflammatory and a muscle relaxer but still not doing very well.

Yesterday morning, Daughter number two's room mate called us; Daughter woke in so much pain she was crying and sweating and nauseous so Hubby ran to Houghton to run her to the E.R. Once he arrived though, she was much better. Hubby did some research and he's thinking kidney stones.

Piano tuner came yesterday...$80.00 for that, $145.00 for Suki's visit to the vet and another $65.00 for some essentials at the Co-op. We now have an empty checkbook and I had to put some of that on the Visa card which I hate doing. Praying for a pay-day soon.

Today I have a lesson from 1:30-3:00 and another at 7:00 - 7:45. I need to bake a loaf of bread, reconcile the checkbook...more like slight of hand LOL, light cleaning, work-out, start work on my Christmas cards. 

From God's Word: Numbers 25

I need to get my day started, but will try and come back later to catch up with all of you. 
sigVeniceblumk 

7 comments:

  1. Oh, Julie... sorry you're going through a difficult spell right now. There seems to be several people around me having hard times right now. I'm hoping your's will be over soon.
    Saying a prayer for your daughter. Hope she feels better soon.
    Also praying for you and your hubby. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the prayers Carol, they are much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You are really being hit hard with circumstances. Prayers for all of you from the financial and also the physical problems
    Hope they find out what is causing your daughters pain and that she will be better soon. Sorry about your dog too it is hard when our pets suffer as well, They are part of family . God bless you all

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the prayer support Cheryl, it means a lot.

      Delete
  4. Your week did start out rough! I'm so sorry to hear about Suki's arthritis. I hope the anti-inflammatory meds will work for her. How old is she? Isn't that scary when one of your kids are sick and not at home? There were a couple of times that we had to drive to Lansing to get Lauren because she needed to get medical care. She was too sick to drive herself. I'm so glad that your daughter was feeling better by the time your husband arrived!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kris. Yes it is scary when the kids are sick and they are away from home. It's hard sometimes to know just what to do. Suki is doing much better, I have to actually reign her in sometimes. She is 10, so it's time for this stuff to start happening I suppose. :(

      Delete
    2. Welcome back, by the way, Kris!! It's so good to hear from you again!

      Delete