Saturday, November 10, 2012

Continuing in Thanks

I am so thankful I have the Lord in my life. I honestly don't know what I would do without Him.

I was watching the weather channel this morning and found myself so thankful that I have not been placed in any kind of situation like those in the wake of Sandy, however I was humbled and pray that if I am ever faced with any fearful situation such as that, that I will remember to look to Jesus and trust Him to see us through and provide for our every need. I'm not sure I would have the same strength I see displayed by some of those folks.

Matthew 14:30-31


30 But seeing the wind, he became frightened, and beginning to sink, he cried out, “Lord, save me!” 31 Immediately Jesus stretched out His hand and took hold of him, and said to him, “You of little faith, why did you doubt?”

I've got my chores done for the day and I'm looking forward to taking a card class this afternoon. We will be making pop-up cards. 

4 comments:

  1. The class today sounds like fun. I was watching the news this morning too and watched all those people going through the wreckage of their homes, trying to find something they could salvage. And I felt the same way as you. I hope we never have to deal with anything like that, but if so, I hope I could look to God for strength and courage. You have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh neat about the card class, reminds me of all the supplies I have for cards but really haven't been into making homemade cards for awhile. It would be nice to make some again. I used to have a lot made ahead of time so I always had a handmade one for all kinds of occasions. I love getting homemade things and handwritten notes.

    I am thankful for the love of my Savior Jesus and the hope and strength He gives also

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by, Cheryl. If you get back to your card making, I would love to see your ideas. I'll be sharing mine again as soon as I get my own computer.

      Delete
  3. Julie I agree with you, I honestly don't know what I would do without my faith in our Lord. I feel so sad for people who don't believe, they have to be living with no hope:-(

    ReplyDelete