Schools remain closed across the area, we haven't had a storm this bad in quite some time. You know it's bad if they cancel hockey around here!! Hubby left work early yesterday since his load was light and no one was coming in. He actually brought work home to do, but took a nap in front of the fire instead and never did get anything accomplished. That's ok, he never takes time off. We spent the evening together in front of the TV watching Castle DVD's and eating snack food. I know I'll regret the eating part.
This morning one of our large dogs, Mae, fell down the basement steps. She is quite old now and her hips are failing her, but she soldiers on. Today the steps got the better of her, but after some love and encouragement from Hubby, she was up with no visible injury. Hubby carried her upstairs where she has stayed.
I had one student cancel yesterday and 2 others are rescheduled for today. I hope they make it. The weather isn't as bad as yesterday, but I think the schools closed because the road crews haven't had time to catch up. I guess the roads are quite bad and the snow continues to come down. So...if everyone comes, I'll be quite busy teaching today. The neighbor behind us has a 6 foot privacy fence and there is a section of it that I can no longer see due to the large drift (obviously at least 6 feet high) in our back yard.
I still haven't decided on my next project to tackle. It's between sorting through photos and finishing my ancestry album. The latter will certainly take longer, but the picture sort is also quite a large project.
Well, while typing this I have had 2 cancellations for today - there goes the budget. I have $60. left in my checking account, the first of the month coming and no idea if a payday is in sight. Must trust our Heavenly Father to meet our needs. Time to take advantage of the time off and get busy.


I will pray that the income you needs comes soon and that the snow melts so your students can get to you. I understand having a small amount left in bank account...same here.
ReplyDeleteI hope the weather will improve soon, so your students can come by again. Lousy timing, such weather conditions.
ReplyDeleteThank you both. I had to laugh though when I read yours, Linda. Our snow usually doesn't even BEGIN to melt until sometime in April, they just keep pushing it around and we hope we can make it down the roads.
ReplyDeleteJulie, I surely don't miss the snow. I really don't think I could go back 'up north' to live. The Florida weather is just too easy to get used to. I'm from Ohio, and moved here from the Washington, D.C. area, so am familiar with blizzard conditions and being stuck. I'm sorry your students are canceling, but guess it is necessary for them to stay in, safe and warm. I will offer prayer for you, too, that the student will come flooding back and the payday you need will happen soon. I've been there, too. Hugs & love!!
ReplyDeleteJulie saying prayers that you get some financial relief to get you through the rest of the month! I know I said this before, but I can't get over how much snow you all are getting up there! I used to love the snow but I honestly can't stand it anymore. We are suppose to get some freezing rain that will turn into snow but only about a inch. Your evening of watching Castle Dvd's with your hubby sounds so awesome!! Those kind of nights are the best. I know how hard it is too see our pets get older. It broke my heart when Buddy was showing signs. Glad to hear that your dog didn't hurt her self. How many dogs do you have? Take care and stay warm!
ReplyDeleteI've watched the videos and details of that storm. It was a bad one and I hear there's another one working this direction. We lucked out and only got a couple inches. We got a little freezing rain this morning, on top of the snow. But school went on as usual. Poor Mae. If she took that bad a fall, she might shy away from the stairs now. I'm glad she didn't break anything. It's hard to watch our fur-babies get old. Praying for a financial blessing for you. Take care. Keep warm and safe.
ReplyDelete