Daughter #2 finally reached the end of the most evil school year ever and with straight A's! At least all that suffering was rewarded!! She came to stay a few days at the end of last week and stayed through the weekend to celebrate Mother's Day. We went shopping on Saturday, though she had to do all the driving as my car is in desperate need of new brakes and Hubby didn't want me driving it that far. Anyway...I bought nothing, but she was able to find a very cute tan skirt and a black tank top with silver, copper and gold studs on it. Normally I don't care for studs on clothing or accessories, but this top is an exception. It's very cute and she will be able to dress it up or down as she needs.
Daughter #1 sent me flowers for Mother's Day and I got calls from both her and my son. Monday a package arrived...all three of them went together to buy me a juicer! I hope we have a successful gardening year!
This past Saturday was also May's Artist Trading Card Trade. Here are my entries for this month, the theme was "stamps":
I went to the eye Dr. this past week. I need a new prescription, but they wouldn't order them because I didn't have enough money to put half down. The bill, including what is left from Hubby's last visit is over $800.00! I had $100.00 with me. Boy was I off!! Not sure how I'm going to come up with that. I'm still trying to pay off Daughter's hospital bill and our new refrigerator. My car and Hubby's truck both need new tires and brakes and our house is in need of repairs that are going to have to be put off another year. My Dr. wants me to have a full blood work-up done as well as a colonoscopy...and how am I going to pay for those?? I'm so tired of owing money!
I am experimenting with the idea of teaching piano remotely via Google Hang-out. I know some teachers do it, so why not? I can already tell there will be some adjustments to be made, but I'm hoping it will work and perhaps be a way to expand my studio.
Today I will be finishing up Hubby's laundry, I don't know how I got so far behind in that department. I also will be working on end of season calculations for the piano students to see who is to receive the incentive awards for this year. That will take quite a chunk out of my day as anything with numbers is a challenge for me. A trip to the bank and the grocery store is also in the plan. Hmmm...looks like I need to do some computer filing as well.
Our temperatures today are supposed to get into the 60's , but it's quite windy out there this morning.
Exercise got pushed out again to make way for other things, so once again I need to get back to my routine.
Well...I'd best get started...

You are a busy lady for sure. I dont know how you get all you do, done as it is...sounds like you had a happy mothers day. there is never enough money to go round.
ReplyDeleteYou did have a good mother's day. The flowers are so pretty and I'm sure you'll be using the juicer. Your children are so thoughtful when it comes to their momma. ** I love your trading cards. ** Your daughter's grades were excellent, despite the bad year. ** I've been thinking a lot about yesterday. I know there has to be some adjustments for you but I'm not sure what to do on my end. I just know we can't work together this way. Please let me know your thoughts. We can, whenever your schedule permits, connect again just to work on placement and the view you were getting. ** You have a good day. ♥
ReplyDeleteCongrats to your daughter on the all A's! It looks like you had a wonderful Mother's day! I think teaching via Google hangout is an awesome idea. I hope it works out for you!
ReplyDeleteStraight As is fantastic, so great congrats to your daughter! What a great Mother's Day gift! I can't wait to hear about the juices you make. I will be interested in hearing how the remote piano lessons work! I am blessed to have insurance for glasses, but even with it the cost is over $300 for new specs. $800 is a huge amount to come up with. I only hope your prescription hasn't changed by a huge amount, so you can continue on with your current prescription for awhile. My sunglasses are from two prescriptions ago. Have you tried on-line? Sometimes you can find glasses a little less expensive on line. Wishing you a blessed Friday.
ReplyDelete