Thursday, May 16, 2013

Over Afternoon Coffee

This day hasn't turned out as I planned...not that it's been a bad day, it hasn't...just different than what I had envisioned. 

Daughter #2 came by unexpectedly last night, always a cause for concern when at 11:00 p.m. she pulls in unexpectedly, but she had just been in town visiting a friend and rather than make a late drive home, she came here to sleep...fine by me. Having her here put me a bit behind schedule this morning, and then I realized...what schedule? I have nothing on my calendar for today! 


I did try out my juicer for the first time and made what I thought to be some yummy juice, but Daughter didn't like it one bit and Hubby just said it was ok. I used carrots, celery, spinach oranges and some ginger. I think it needed some lemon and more ginger. For the first try though, I think it was good! 

I've been browsing, rather drooling through a new blog I stumbled onto from a link on Facebook. She's also on Pinterest. This gal is so creative and I love her photography! She inspires me to do a little redecorating, not by buying anything new, but perhaps using what I have in new ways. She has even inspired me in the scrapbook/trading card
department even though she doesn't have any of that on her page...at least not that I've seen so far. 

I long to be outside today soaking up the sunshine, but there is a north wind blowing that just makes it uncomfortable. It's supposed to rain tomorrow. 

By the way, if anyone has any old postcards, maps, lace, sheet music, cancelled postage stamps, or anything with interesting typography that you want to find a new home for...let's talk. 

Coffee is cold...time to go catch up on everything I was supposed to have done by now!


3 comments:

  1. Hi Julie! Ahhh..having a day where nothing is scheduled must be an awesome feeling! I love the photo you posted of table setting. I can spend hours on Pinterest looking at vintage inspired photos and crafts. Enjoy the rest of your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you had a good day. I'm sure your juice tasted better than it looks. hahaha I just can't handle drinks like that. But that's just me. I was trying to remember if I had anything that you mentioned wanting. I'll look and let you know if I do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your trading cards a really beautiful, and I don't think I commented on them in your previous blog - but they are beautiful. How fun to find new ways to re-purpose items you already have. I am not creative that way, but can copy!! :)

    It's good to catch up on your news! Have a blessed evening and weekend!

    ReplyDelete