Thursday, July 25, 2013

Tut, tut, it looks like rain!


The sky is rather dark this morning, the forecast calls for scattered showers with a 50% chance of severe storms tonight, yet the radar shows it breaking up as it comes near us. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. It is hard to make plans though...should we water the garden or wait to see if God plans to...should I walk to the Heritage Center or take the car? 

Plans...as near as I can tell:

General cleaning. I was planning to wash the curtains and hang them out, but...
Call and reschedule Mae and Gilmore's vet appt. The church is sending us to Hurley WI on the 31st to see an organ that is being installed in a church there (one like what we would like for our church) and meet with the sales rep.  

Play the organ at the Heritage Center at 2

Student at 4

Taco salad for supper (our garden is finally producing)


Prayer Concerns: Finances - the bills are coming in again, our trip to Hurley, the organ search process, 

Blessing: the congregation seems to be getting behind the purchase of an organ a little more than they were. Most are cautious, thinking I'm not going to be able to play much longer and they don't want to invest. :/ One woman says God is able to provide and we should try for the better instrument (new with a 10 year warranty) and watch Him bring in the money.

Well, that's about all my news for now - I'm having a hard time getting my "engine" going this morning.

3 comments:

  1. I don't like days like that, wondering what the weather's going to do and will I have to change my plans.
    That's good to hear your church hasn't thrown the idea of a new organ out completely. Keep me posted. I'd like to hear what happens.
    I'm keeping you in my prayers.
    Hope you have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, God bless that one woman who trusts that our Lord will lead the congregation to the perfect instrument and a way to pay for it!! Good luck on your trip! Our rain doesn't let up. We have had more gray days in a row than ever before, and we have been here 24 years. I'm ready for some sunshine!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to hear that the congregation is starting to get behind the purchase of the organ. I will keep you in my prayers for financial help! I'm enjoying this cool weather!!

    ReplyDelete