Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Saying Goodbye

The last few days have been rough ones and I imagine another few yet to come. Today we say goodbye to our friend, Mae. Mae came into our family for our youngest daughter. Looking back, Mae was way too much dog for such a little girl and for that reason, much of the care fell to Dad. Now that Mae is so crippled up and seems to have cancer, it's time to say goodbye.

The vet is coming by the house today as he goes right past here anyway on his way to an equine appointment. In order to save some money, Hubby decided to bury her in the backyard and after two exhausting attempts to dig a hole and finding nothing but unmovable rock, he gave up...that is until Daughter came home. She came in at the end of my teaching day and broke down in tears as the reality of what was soon to take place finally hit. She went outside to find where her dad had dug only to find nothing. I had to explain her dad's problem and how after two tries he decided "I'M NOT DIGGIN" ANOTHER HOLE". :/ Through tearful sobs Daughter says..."I will dig the hole". Her dad shrugged his shoulders and said "well, we still have a little light left" and the two of them went to the backyard and dug one more hole. They took turns, allowing the other to rest a spell. Mae went outside to be near them and it was completely dark out before they finished. I'm not as close to her as the two of them are, so I will have to be the strong one, yet, seeing my loved ones so sad just makes my heart ache.


In other news, the church voted 29-2 in favor of purchasing the organ!! I'm so excited, but at the same time, nervous about so much. The stress is just now beginning as we have to pay for it, have it shipped, install it, tune it voice it...so much! Hubby has been waking in the middle of the night after having bad dreams about dropping it on it's way into the church, etc.

Ok, well I really wanted to write more, but the morning is getting away from me and I have a lot to do before the vet arrives and the rest of the day goes to you-know-what. I hope to check out all of your epistles some time later today.



4 comments:

  1. That's hard, I know, and no words can ease your pain. My heart goes out to you, your hubby and your daughter. ** I'm so glad the church voted in favor of the new organ. I believe the money will come in for the bill. I must remember to ask you next time what you mean by "voice it".
    Hope you're having a good day in spite of everything. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh heck, Julie. I'm shedding some tears now, for your dear Mae and all of you. It breaks my heart when we have to say goodbye to one of our fur-children. I have offered a prayer. Mae has had a good life, with lots of love. It is that last act of love, putting her out of her pain, that hurts us so much. But is IS an act of love.

    I'm excited for you to get your new organ. It will be so great for the entire church when you start sending out those beautiful sounds of praise and worship. It sure has been a stressful time for all of you, though. Please keep us posted as it begins the journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear about your Mae. It is really hard to let our fur friends go....they are almost a part of us. It took a long time for me to find peace and happiness after letting my Baby go some years ago. But good news about your churches organ helps....I hope all goes well with getting it moved in and adapted to your church.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Julie, I am so sorry to hear this about Mae. We had to say goodbye to our dog, Buddy. back in January and I know that pain you and your family feeling.

    ReplyDelete