Plans for today include finishing the laundry I started yesterday, get in a work-out, pay bills (we finally got paid), teach three piano lessons, make ham chowder for supper and hopefully go to hear My mentor play the organ this evening in Lessons and Carols. It's such a beautiful way to begin the Christmas season...always puts me in the Christmas spirit. I don't know if I'll get to go though due to the weather, but I'm crossing my fingers and toes!
Last night the siding began blowing off the roof line of our house. Hubby crawled up on the slippery roof and hung over the side and drilled in a few screws to hold it. I was so afraid he was going to fall! He didn't do as good of a job as he hoped, because he didn't want to go further down the roof where he needed to be for fear of slipping off. It's still rattling some this morning in the wind, I just hope it stays on until we can get to it better or get it replaced which won't be until spring.
My poor daughter, she just posted the attached picture to her Facebook...that's her car barely peeking out from under the snow and she has to get to class this morning.
Okay...off to get this day started - there is always so much to do!


Julie, is that your church? Is it Catholic or maybe Greek Orthodox? whichever it is, it is so so beautiful. I love seeing churches...has kinda been a hobby for a long time. Hope you get to go and hear your friend play the organ. How will your daughter ever get her car out? WOW, now that is snow!
ReplyDeleteNo, that's not my church. It is though the church where I learned to play the organ and yes, it is Catholic. It's wonderful in there! I too love looking at churches...it's my hobby too and there are lots of really cool ones around here to appreciate and most have a beautiful pipe organ in them as well!
DeleteThat is a beautiful church. I love seeing churches too. The different architectural designs. The inside of Catholic churches is beautiful and there's something special in them that's not there in so many other churches.
ReplyDeleteThat had to be scary, watching your hubby on a slippery roof. I'm glad he's ok. Your daughter's car isn't. What a mess! That's the part about winter that I don't care to see.
I hope you get to go hear him play the organ tonight. Just be safe.
I'm have my fingers and toes crossed for you too, Julie. Sure hope you are able to go to the concert. That church is gorgeous! I have no idea how your daughter got her car out, or why classes weren't canceled with snow that deep!! I am so happy to live in Florida!! Keep us posted and please stay safe!!
ReplyDelete