Monday, April 21, 2014
Happy Easter!
The dishes are done, leftovers put away, the kids have all headed home, the shedded dog fur now finds it's way into corners and swirls around furniture legs, Easter baskets sit empty on the table and only a few candied eggs remain in the bowl. Another Easter celebration draws to a close.
Church went well this morning, both the service and the breakfast beforehand were very well attended. Playing the new organ is still a learning experience. What I thought was going to be "big organ" for congregational singing actually got lost in the crowd. The building was so packed with people that the nearly "full organ" registration that I was trying out for the first time was barely enough. Next year, I'm pulling out the trumpets! I'm glad I spent the extra time in practice this week - it paid off as most things went smoothly. The oddest thing happened today...for the first time in all my years playing for that church I began to play my prelude and the people instantly got quiet. They usually spend the time talking through it, most of them don't even know I'm playing, I don't believe. But I began to play and everyone stopped talking...I swear I could have heard a pin drop! It was a bit unnerving at first because I didn't expect it - but it was nice they actually got to hear it. Our new grad student/organ student of sorts I have mentioned before came up to me after church and was so full of excitement about the music I played that he wanted to look at it. He kept going on about how wonderful it was and when I mentioned I would be happy to make him a copy (it's already a copy of a copy lol), his eyes got big and he just beamed. I love watching him experience the organ and I love it when he comes up and asks questions because he reminds me so much of myself when I first became acquainted with the instrument. I can't wait to be able to take him on an organ crawl.
After church we came home and immediately began cooking lunch and we ate about 3:00. We had ham, cheesy potatoes, tossed salad, green beans, fruit salad, and oatmeal pie with ice-cream. I feel so awful that I forgot to send home left-overs with my son!!
All in all it was a wonderful day. There are things on my mind and heart, but I'm letting them go today and just celebrating the day and revelling in God's love and His promises to us.
HE IS RISEN!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



So glad you had a good Easter and I would have been one of the ones that got quiet to listen to you play. Have a good Monday and week ahead.
ReplyDeleteThat's wonderful... the congregation got quiet so they could listen to you. I'm so glad it went well and I'm excited that you're excited the young gentleman is excited. hahaha Did that make sense?
ReplyDeleteSo glad you had a good day. I forgot to send some left-overs home with my girls too. However, they did snatch up the desserts. There's no chocolate cake here, the pie is gone and only a couple pieces of carrot cake, but that's good. If I know it's here, I'll eat it.
All in all, I'm hearing that everyone had a good day. God bless you and your family. See you soon.
I was going to type exactly what Carol did - how wonderful that the congregation paid attention to your beautiful music! You chose well!! And it has to be so gratifying to have a student so excited about the organ!! We are having Easter dinner leftovers tonight (and probably tomorrow night, too) and we did remember to send leftovers home with guests. I always cook too much. Wishing you a good week ahead!!
ReplyDelete