Well, it's no longer morning, far from it. But thinking back to this morning, I do sometimes miss the lazy Saturday mornings of my youth. Cartoons and pj's all morning! When I got a little older I graduated to old Andy Hardy movies on one of the movie channels! One of these Saturdays I'm going to curl up and watch something in my pj's all morning long and not wait for a sick day! After the cool temps, rain and even snow this week, it was so nice to open up the windows and let the sunshine in!
New to my Saturday morning routine is waiting for my "egg lady". I found out through a piano student that one of my former piano students moms is now selling farm fresh eggs and she even delivers them! I signed up!! I am loving the eggs, the flavor is better and I just feel good knowing they are farm fresh and local. She has some hens that lay a turquoise colored egg that is so pretty! These this morning are a little lighter in color, but she tries to give every customer one or two of the pretty turquoise/green/bluish eggs.
Our fur buddy Gilmore is showing his age more and more. We have had the "discussion" several times about what to do for our dear friend, and he must hear us talking because he always seems to perk up for a day or two. He is having such a hard time climbing the steps and sometimes his legs are so weak that we see him walking on the top of his foot! One of us usually has to go and move it back for him.
Hubby is going to help son put in a fence in a couple of weeks and I so want to go along, but Gil wouldn't make the trip well. I think it's time, but then he looks at us with through those sweet eyes and we just don't have the heart. Looks like I will probably be staying home and dog sitting yet again. We have pretty much decided though that he won't be able to make it through another winter, and we don't have the heart to ask him to.
Last fall I transplanted some Johnny Jump ups that grew wild in our vegetable garden. They have filled this yard since we moved here in 2008, the same year my mom passed away. Pansies and Johnny Jump Ups were her very favorite flower and whenever I saw another batch spring up in the yard I took it as a sign from my mom. It seemed she was saying she was happy for us and that she approved. They came up beautifully this spring in the front bed.
I went to the church to practice this afternoon and was so sore when I came home that I spent some time with my new favorite thing...my foam roller. Once again I have let myself go and once again I am getting back on track. The foam roller helps realign my spine and hips and takes care of my sciatic pain. If I keep this up along with my other exercises and yoga I will be in good shape. I just have to stay consistent which has always been a problem for me. I feel so much better when I do it, why do I put it off for so long?
Good night all!

Goodnight my friend
ReplyDeleteThat's sad about Gilmore. I know how it hurts. I've done it. If your foam roller helps, you need to be more consistent with it. Back problems are not fun. (there! I scolded you. lol)
ReplyDeleteYour flowers are so pretty. Beautiful colors.
Eggs fresh from the farm.... oh, yes! They taste so much better than the ones from the store. I wish I could find someone nearby who did that, but people are getting rid of their laying hens. Too expensive, I guess.
Hope you're having a great weekend.