Monday, January 04, 2016

Crowned

New Year. Notice I didn't say "happy". Not that I'm unhappy, but it does put a damper on things when you spend the first days of the new year sick. Hubby came down with it first and shared. I missed church on Sunday and I'm hoping that daughter2 doesn't get sick as well.

I no longer make resolutions for the new year, but I do set goals for myself and being sick has forced me to make a late start on my goals for this year. In reality it's just a continuation of what I've been trying to accomplish for several years. So if you know me at all...same ole, same ole. 



I believe we all need people in our lives to come along side and encourage us and sometimes in that encouragement they actually make us feel like we are very special...dare I say like royalty. I've had someone like that in my life and it has changed the way I view and treat myself. Don't get me wrong, I'm not thinking of royalty as in spoiled. As wives and mothers we often put ourselves and our goals for life last on our to-do list. This year I hope to turn that around a bit. I still have my family to care for along with the cooking, cleaning, and laundry, but my health has been telling me it's past time for me to start putting myself first at least once in a while and to spend time enriching myself, physically, mentally and emotionally. It is my hope that in the coming year this blog will be a bit of a different read than it has in the past. I'm not going to give it all away at once but I hope you will catch on to the new theme, understand my journey, enjoy the changes and be encouraged. 



I love this meme...it reminds me to dust myself off, head up, shoulders back and walk tall - like a queen. As soon as I regain my strength, this queen will begin her reign.


"But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for God's own possession, so that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him who has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light;"


1 comment:

  1. I'm excited for you! This sounds very interesting and I look forward to what comes next, Julie!

    ReplyDelete