Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Hodgepodge



1. Have you ever been fishing? Did you catch a fish? If so did you keep it or throw it back? If you haven't been fishing is that something you'd like to try? 

I have been fishing, it's not my favorite thing to do. I didn't catch anything but my husband did. We were on a weekend trip to a mountain resort and we borrowed an old beat up pole with brittle line from the lodge. He caught a beautiful rainbow trout  within just a few minutes of being out there which made one of the other guests angry because he'd been out for hours with top of the line equipment and never did catch anything. He was quite jealous when we were eating our trout that evening after it had been specially prepared by the lodge. Oh my was it ever good! 

Fish out of water, big fish in a small pond, living in a fishbowl, packed in like sardines, this is a fine kettle of fish, plenty of fish in the sea, fish or cut bait...which fishy phrase most recently applies to some area of your life?

I almost always feel like a fish out of water. I'm always uncomfortable trying to carry on a conversation, especially in a group...like our small group Bible Study. I'm not sure why but it's always been that way and seems to be getting worse instead of better as I grow older.  

2. What's something you're always fishing for in your purse, wallet, desk, or kitchen junk drawer?

I don't like fishing for things so I try very hard to stay organized and know where my things are. Once in awhile though, especially if I just did some cleaning I'll forget the new home of something. I can't think of any one thing that I am always fishing for. 

3. Your favorite fish tale or movie?

I have two believe it or not. The Incredible Mr. Limpet and one more" recent",  Finding Nemo. 

4. Are you sunrise, daylight, twilight or night? Explain why you chose your answer.

I guess I'd have to say daylight. I am the most productive late morning to mid-afternoon. I like the daylight most especially if the sun is out. Once the sun goes down so do I. 

5. What's the oldest piece of clothing you own and still wear?

Unfortunately my dress size goes up and down so much that I toss things out of frustration. I do have some graphic tees from my days as a Curves For Women Employee that I still wear around the house when I clean or work out. They must be about 10-12 years old by now. 

6. We've got one more month of (officially) winter here in the Northern hemisphere. Are you feeling the need for a getaway? What's been the best and worst part of your winter so far?

I'm not so much in the need of a getaway, I just need spring. The best part of the winter has been the unusually warm temperatures for this area. It's truly been like spring the last few days and it's been so wonderful. The worst part has been Hubbies accidents. In December he was knocked down on the ice while refereeing a hockey game and broke his clavicle and then in January he was on his way home from a game, hit a patch of black ice and rolled his truck. He walked away with no injuries, but the truck is still in the shop for repair. 

7.  The Wednesday Hodgepodge lands on National Margarita Day...will you be celebrating? Frozen or on the rocks? Are you a Jimmy Buffet fan? If so, what's your favorite JB tune?

I most likely will not be celebrating, though I'd love to. We have a restaurant here that makes very good Margaritas. I prefer them frozen. No, not a JB fan. 

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

We have been teased with spring so much the last few days. I plan to post some pictures. I'm also loving the longer days and the sunrises and sunsets we have been enjoying. 

5 comments:

  1. Sorry about your husband's accident (s). My sister fell in her driveway and broke her femur just above the knee - it was on the list for replacement, now will have to wait for at least 2 years to heal...she is in rehab (sad face). Yes, the weather has been beautiful here in the northwoods, but, winter is just taking a nap and will rise again - it always does.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed reading your post today. Very scary about your husbands accidents! Trusting he will be good as new very soon! Adorable blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am visiting you from the Hodgepodge but first will comment on the photos from your Tuesday post of your downtown. It's charming!!! Those old buildings look like something from an old, wonderful movie!

    Also, the sunrise pictures are wonderful; and I have to say, I love Gibbs! I wish I could give him the attention he so sorely desires. Clearly he's not getting enough of it! Ha-ha! (I know better!)

    I hope true spring is not late in reaching you this year. We have been teased by it here in Colorado, too, but then that often happens around here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved reading your answers, Julie! We're having warm temps here right now, and snow is melting rapidly, but we still have plenty of it!

    ReplyDelete