Wednesday, February 01, 2017

So Long January Hodgepodge



                                                                  

1. Can you believe it's the end of January? What was the best day of January 2017 for you, and why?

No, I can't believe it's the end of January! I guess the best day would be Saturday the 21st, it was all day craft day with my local crafters group. 

2. What sounds make up the background noise in your life?

MUSIC. The vintage clock ticking away on my desk, the washing machine, bread maker and dehumidifier when they're running. Usually I keep the house pretty quiet, but if there's noise it's from an appliance or music I might have going. 

3. I read on the Power of Positivity website a list of ten things to drop from your life right now. They are-

anger outbursts, people who put you down, regret, negative self talk, being a people pleaser, the notion you need to be perfect, the past (but keep the lessons learned!), gossip and judgment, comparing yourself to others, and the word hate (focus on what you love instead)

Which thing on the list do you most need to drop? Regret .
Are you trying or will you try? That's going to be very difficult if not impossible for the next while. 
4. What is sacred to you? 
My faith, my relationship to God and the music of the church

5. January is National Oatmeal month. Are you a fan, and if so how do you like it?
I am a fan. I like it for breakfast with raisins and brown sugar but my favorite way is to make my mother's recipes for oatmeal pie and oatmeal cake!

6. What feelings does twilight stir up in you?
Peace, tranquility, restfulness. 

7. Something you're looking forward to next month?
My daughter's birthday is on the 11th and tonight she told us she'd like to go out to one of our favorite local restaurants for dinner that night and she has a gift certificate that should pay for all our meals! 

8. Insert your own random thought here.
It's been a long time since I have linked up to hodgepodge...I hope I did it correctly. 

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading your answers, Julie! I am relatively new to the hodgepodge, but am finding it so much fun!

    An all day craft day sounds wonderful! And oatmeal cake and pie ... mm-mmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I made it here, better late than never! Happy birthday to your daughter! I hope you enjoy your family celebration. I love birthdays : )

    ReplyDelete