Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Celebration Report


Last night we drove into town to enjoy dinner with our daughter and her boyfriend to celebrate her birthday.  Our time together was nice, but not the drive down in the snow. I bit my nails most of the way.

We went to a new Mexican restaurant in town - the food was different but good...the service lacked a bit. It was good to have a nice visit with the kids, I took her gifts so we could watch her open them, I think I made some good choices, she seemed to really like them. I still can't believe she's 21. I can't believe where the time has gone - life speeds by so quickly.

The snow keeps coming down. Rumor had it yesterday that the road grader and snow plow were broken - after a snow storm and none of the roads were plowed. It was a nightmare trying to get around. Our street was one of the worst, because we live across the street from a "snow-dump". This is where the trucks full of snow come to dump their loads and they often make a mess in the middle of the street in the process. I had to have my students park a half block away, because they would have surely gotten stuck in front of our house. Fortunately this morning, all necessary equipment had been repaired and was back on the road. Our street is down to one lane, but at least we won't have people high centering out there. 

I got word yesterday that my mentor's father passed away on Saturday - offering up prayers for the family.

It seems I have caught my Hubby's cold, I was awakened at 4 a.m. with an awful sore throat. I got up and took an Ibuprofen and some Airborne. I think now at 8:30 the Ibuprofen is about to wear off. I never did get back to sleep and tried to go back to bed this morning, but once I'm up, I'm up. 

I think I'll lay low today and try to rest as much as possible. 

7 comments:

  1. Wow! I do remember the heavy snow from when I used to live in Marquette MI and we don't often get that much here except on rare exception. Keep safe and warm! I have a cold , no fun! It wakes me up at night coughing

    Prayers for the family and friends of your mentors father who past away for comfort

    Happy Birthday to your daughter. Glad you had a nice time with her and her boyfriend

    Have a good day, rest and relax if you can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you were able to spend time with your daughter and her boyfriend, and celebrate her birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear you are catching a cold. They sure are going around this winter. How great that you made it out to spend your daughter's birthday with her. We had Mexican food last week, one night. I love it. Good luck with the snow. Hope it melts soon (but that makes a mess, too!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you feel better soon! By the way can you share what gifts you got her?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sure Karen. This year she actually got double what we normally get her because I had already bought her Christmas gifts and BD gifts before we decided to draw names at Christmas, therefore, she got what I had planned for both on her BD instead.

    We got her 2 V-neck layering tops, a cami-top, a cardigan, a pair of sandals, a spoon ring and an overnight cosmetic bag.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you got to spend the evening with your daughter and that she liked the gifts.
    I also get very very nervous on the snowy, icy streets. We're fortunate here. We live on a major street (leads to the cemetery) and is one of the first to get plowed.
    Sorry you've caught a cold. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Special moments with family makes life worth while. Love revolves around good food shared with good company.

    ReplyDelete