I feel as though I have lost a week from my life. I have been wrestling with some sort of bug...cold, flu, I don't know but it's awful. I have run the gamut of symptoms and I really need to feel better and get my life back. I'm hoping to feel well enough tomorrow to catch up on some housework - this place is a wreak!
Poor little Suki is having an arthritis flair up. She is so miserable and the baby aspirin doesn't seem to be working.
Son called last night, he's been temporarily laid off from his job. He was told as soon as business picks up again he has a spot back on the payroll. He was living paycheck to paycheck as it was and now I have no idea how he is going to manage. He was doing so well and working so hard to pay off his school loans and now this. I really just wish we could catch a break somewhere.
I was so sick on Valentine's Day that we didn't do much to celebrate. I made him a card, he bought me flowers, we went to the grocery store for ice-cream and watched a movie. I'm not terribly disappointed, I don't feel comfortable spending a lot of money right now and I'm just happy having him with me and being in our home, together.
Well, sick or not, I have some extra responsibilities this weekend so I'd best get to it.


Hope you do feel better soon. I had it last week and it is awful. Sad about your son losing the job for now, but will pray they need him back very soon. It is hard times now days to make ends meet, and then to lose that paycheck is rough.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry to hear you have been so sick! We went through it here, too, and it is no fun. Terrible news about your son's job. I hope his lay-off doesn't last too long. Take care and rest as much as you can!!
ReplyDeleteSo sorry you're still feeling so bad. I hope you get well real soon.
ReplyDeleteI get so upset when I hear stories like your son's. I hope his lay-off is a short one. Can he apply for unemployment?
My Valentine's Day wasn't even as special as your's. It was just another day.
You take your vitamins, drink your orange juice, sleep, and get well. {{Hugs}}
I'm so sorry that you are sick. I hope you get well soon and will be praying for J.
ReplyDeleteValentine's celebration sounds perfect to me, why spend a whole lot of money for more? Too bad you're feeling sick now for a longer spell of time, I hope it will soon be over. There seems to be a nasty bug going worldwide, lots of people here are sick as well. Hang in there Julie!
ReplyDeleteAwww..I hate to hear that you are sick! We had the cold/flu at our house last week. My son and husband both had it. It only lasted for about 4 days. I'm also sorry to hear that your son is laid off right now. I'm going to start praying that his work picks up and that he will be called back soon! Also, saying prayers that you are feeling better soon!
ReplyDeleteOne more thing..I went to comment on the post before this one and there was no comment box. I could see the comments that were left but there was no area for me to post a comment..strange..so I am going to comment here..lol. Happy Birthday to your daughter! My daughter turned 21 last month and you are so right..where does the years go? I can't get over how much snow you have gotten this winter! We have had our share of it too but nothing like what you have been getting. I am so ready for spring!
ReplyDeleteThank you all for your good wishes and prayers, they are so appreciated.
ReplyDeleteKris, that has happened to me before with the comment boxes. It goes away and comes back.
I AM READY FOR SPRING!