Friday, June 14, 2013


I'm remembering my dad, he was born 96 years ago today. I wasn't real close to my dad, but I loved him and knew he loved me. 

Plans today are to have lunch with the Anita's. Finn Fest is coming to our area and we are going into Houghton today to see a Finnish dance team and to help Anita set up a display. My friend, Anita has a Finnish heritage so she is quite involved in the festivities. I will probably be the one to keep track of the other Anita while my friend takes care of what she needs to do. 

I hope to do some more cleaning if there is time when I get home this afternoon. I need to dust the living room and dinning room. 

Hubby is stressed with everything he has to do. On the upside there is lots of work, on the downside, there is too much for him to do alone, do well and do in a timely manner that will please the customers. 

I was able to completely clean out the garage yesterday and put out all my summer yard decor. I feel quite a sense of accomplishment. I should have thought to take before and after photos. We were even able to get my car repaired and returned to us all in one day.

Supper will be easy tonight. I have some left over shredded chicken and lots of fresh vegetables that won't be fresh for long, so we'll have a chicken salad.  


3 comments:

  1. My father would have been 96 on May 28th. He and I didn't have a good relationship and it's still hurts whenever I think of him.
    Sounds like another busy day for you. It's good your hubby has work but not so good if he's so stressed over it. I wish I could help. I think often times God will answer our prayers but at the same time He may test us.
    Hope you are having a good day with the Anita's. Take care. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite an accomplishment to get the garage cleaned out and your summer items placed. I never really knew my Dad; my parents divorced when I was 3, and he never called or came around. Have fun with the two Anitas today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You worked hard and fast, then, on that garage yesterday! Wow! Congratulations on that huge accomplishment! Getting the summer yard things out had to feel good, too!

    My dad died of cancer at age 63, so I lost him much too soon. He would have been 87 this year. Cancer sucks. I still miss him.

    ReplyDelete