The last time I posted I told you I was going to get my hair cut, which I did. I'm disappointed in it; I don't know if it was my stylist or just the way my hair interprets it, but it's not what I wanted it to be. The photo I took lays soft and feminine around the ear and collar, mine is squared off. My mentor loves it, the ladies at the scrapbook store like it, Hubby accepts it - he says it looks easy and cool, which it is. Maybe when it grows out a little I can figure out how to make it work.
I made another card last night - this one for Daughter #1 and her Hubby; they celebrate their anniversary in August. Now I'm trying to come up with an idea for my Mentor who has a birthday in August.
I gave Daughter #2 the card for the top of her jewelry box, she seemed to like it.
Monday was the birthday of my teen idol, Bobby Sherman. Hard to believe he turned 70!
One of our big dogs - Mae - is becoming more and more crippled up. She has hip displasia and has been losing muscle mass for sometime now, but just this week seems to be failing at a more increased rate. A decision must be made on her behalf rather soon, I'm afraid. She and Gilmore have an appointment on the 31st, I don't know if she will be coming home with us yet or not.
We have a church business meeting to attend tonight. There will be discussion regarding the search for a new organ...I really don't look forward to it - there are enough people that don't believe it's a necessary purchase to make me uncomfortable. I never like being put in positions where I have to defend myself or my decisions.
There is so much to do here at the Little Turquoise House...weed the garden, wash the living room curtains and all three of Suki's beds, grocery shop, bank, practice, make cards, create ATC's for August trade...I guess I'd better go!



Julie I think your hairstyle is so cute!! I love the bangs! I am so sorry to hear that Mae is not doing well. It so difficult when a pet's health starts to decline. I am saying a prayer that the vet will have some kind of solution that will allow you to bring Mae home. I love the card you made! And I can't even believe the Bobby Sherman is 70 years old! That doesn't seem possible..haha.
ReplyDeleteGood Morning...yes, you did have a hodge podge of things for today! Since I have little to do right now I sorted out my stampin up stuff....wish you lived closer and we could do cards together! I saved their book for several years and they give me lots of card making ideas. I just have to motivate myself to do it. I like your haircut but I don't think it looks like the photo that you posted previously...short hair is easier for summer...I have grown mine out and now wish it was short again. Never satisfied. It is so hard to make decisions about our pets....they are members of our family. I am visiting churches right now to find a new church home..I notice they all seem to be going with guitars and/or recorded music...too bad I like the organ and piano! Well, have an industrious day..gets lots done.
ReplyDeleteGood morning Julie. I didn't realize you had more dogs. I thought Suki was your only one when he spoke to us yesterday. :) Making a decision like that re: Mae is very hard. I did that once. When my poodle was having severe seizures, we couldn't let him suffer like that anymore. The girls and I cried for days.
ReplyDeleteSorry you don't like your haircut. I can tell she didn't do what the picture showed. I was going to say something yesterday but we didn't have the time. As it grows out, you may be able to work with it better.
I'm going to try my hand again at making some greeting cards. I have a tote full of papers, embellishments and tools, I just have to get them out. I'm having more and more trouble with having to $5 for a greeting card!
You have a good day. I can see it will be a busy one. Take care.
Hi Julie. Poor Mae. It is so hard when we have to make tough decisions about our sweet fur-babies. Hugs for you and Mae!
ReplyDeleteYour new cut is cute, but I think your hair dresser got it wrong. S/he didn't make the whispy layers that were in the photo. I think when it grows out a bit, you might take the photo to someone else and get it trimmed accordingly. Still, the shorter cut is very cute on you!
Hope the meeting about the organ goes okay. Please keep us posted!