Another winter day....another day to take care of my disciplines...do the work...manage...survive...get through. No students today due to cancellations, I plan to go to the church to practice. I put a roast in the crock-pot for supper tonight...comfort food. I cleaned out the refrigerator today - it's easier when it's empty. We're waiting for payday, so I've been using our freezer food...I had hoped to keep it for a storm. Floors are done, dishes are next as well as getting the laundry going. I'm taking care of the necessities so this afternoon I can focus on my organ practice.
Hubby is out for coffee with the Pastor. Poor Hubby - it seems everything is falling apart around him. He is the head of the Sunday School department and Sunday School now has a total of 4 kids in it...on a good day. They're meeting today to discuss what to do.
I saw this shared on FB and I found it interesting. It made me think. I think I used to be guilty of #1...not so much anymore. #2? No. I have very little of which to boast. #3...probably, but not in the way they talk about here. I think I'm more discontent with what I have to do and am looking for some way to escape. I don't compare myself with others anymore. #4...maybe not protect, but could be spent doing something more worthwhile. #5...I'm not perfect, but I don't say inappropriate things online. I actually say very little outside of this blog. Still...an interesting and thought provoking read.
5 Questions to Ask Before Posting To Social Media
That's about it for today. Oh...at Thanksgiving my son made a video of me playing the organ. It's not very long and it's not very good and it's got mistakes in it and I look awful. I'm not posting it to youtube or Facebook...I might...I said might post it here.

That is a good article. Too much is being posted to FB, especially the younger people who like to post everything they're doing. When I read something like this, I can't help but remember the stories about cyber-bullying. I don't write much either. It's mostly articles and little thoughts that I pass on to others, but I've had to take a better look at them and stop doing so much of it.
ReplyDeleteIf you aren't comfortable with posting your video, then by all means, don't do it. That is your decision. Maybe we can see you play some other time.
Hope you have a good day.
Hi Julie! Your roast dinner sounds yummy! I am so ready for winter to be over with. It has been a long hard one. I hope you decide to post the video! I would love to see you playing the organ! Have a wonderful day!
ReplyDeleteA great article. Thanks for the link! Dinner sounds delicious. I would LOVE to see and hear you playing!! Please!!
ReplyDelete