Wednesday, December 12, 2012

12-12-12

My Wednesday students had to reschedule for tomorrow, so no one is coming for lessons today. I plan to make a loaf of bread and a loaf of banana bread, cook black beans for my quinoa mixture and hopefully prepare that as well. I also plan to spend a good deal of time at the piano today and do some cleaning.

From God's Word:
Exodus 22:28
"You shall not curse God, nor curse a ruler of your people."
Hmmmm, something to think about there.

Daughter #2 has a Skype interview on Monday for a summer internship/job. I pray it goes well for her.

Yesterday I gave my "dark room speech" to three students. Last night after giving it to the third student, he changed his playing and sounded like a completely different pianist. It was exciting! I love teaching piano! Now, if I can just get him to do it that way all the time.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Julie..... Happy 12/12/12 to you.
    That's great how your student improved his playing with something that simple. I hope they remember your instruction about the dark room and continues improving. Sounds like you are an excellent teacher.
    Wishing you a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved that story, Julie. It made so much sense, and should click with most anyone, of any age! How exciting that it is making a difference with at least one student already!

    I know your kitchen smells wonderful with all that bread baking! Nice that you got a day to bake. Good luck to your daughter, and please keep us posted about the internship!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet it is so rewarding when you see your students listening and taking in what you are teach them! That is awesome!

    ReplyDelete