Monday, December 17, 2012

Third Time is a Charm?

Daughter #2 came by last night and spent the night here, it was good to see her. We had a nice chat over coffee this morning and she made chocolate chip cookies that I'm trying very hard to stay out of. She just left; she has a Skype interview for an internship this afternoon with Specialized Bikes. I have mixed feelings as to whether or not I want her to get it. Yes, she needs the experience, but it's in California and she doesn't know anyone out there. 
I feel in a sense that I'm just getting my day started even though I already have supper in the crock-pot, I cooked lunch and cleaned up the kitchen as well as my floors. 

I don't have much planned for the afternoon, maybe make some cards and I have a lesson to teach at 5:30.

Soooooooo, I have a mole on my arm that I noticed this morning has changed drastically. It is much darker than it used to be, raised up and slightly red around the outside. I'm trying not to freak out here, but I have an appointment to have it looked at on Wednesday. Please pray it's nothing. This is the third cancer scare for me and I just pray it turns out benign like the others and that "third time is a charm" in that, this is the last time I have to deal with this.


4 comments:

  1. Glad you had a nice visit. Will pray that the outcome is negative on the mole...let us know when you find out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can understand your feelings about your daughter's job prospect. I felt the same way when my daughter moved. It's so far from home.
    I'll be thinking of you and praying for a good report.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how you feel when it comes to your daughter and her moving for a job. You want them to be successful and you root them on but it's so hard to imagine them so far away. Lindsay had a mole on her shoulder that I thought for sure was cancer. I had googled it and looked at pictures and it looks so much like cancer. When the doctor looked at it she said immediately that she didn't think it was cancer. She did a biopsy and sure enough it came back negative. Saying prayers that yours is not cancer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did the interview turn out?

    ReplyDelete