Tuesday, December 11, 2012

No Cooking Today

I'm taking a break from the kitchen today, I've been cooking some meals ahead for Christmas week. Yesterday I got my vegetarian chili made and it's in the freezer now - I think we'll have that on Christmas Eve. I'm going to soak some black beans today so tomorrow I can cook my quinoa mixture to be used in tacos or taco salad - planning that for the 23rd. Turkey dinner will be for Christmas day. Fortunately, I don't have to cook today - there are enough left-overs for lunch and enough left-over chicken chili for supper.

I have two students coming this afternoon and another one tonight. Yesterday I had a lady call about piano lessons, she's 71 and can't read any music. She was ready to come right away but I sent her to look for a book, and told her when she gets it we'll set up her lesson time. I'm not sure what to expect.

Daughter #2 was here for the day yesterday - she had a hair appointment and she hung out with me and also took care of some homework. She went back last night, she has classes the rest of the week.
From God's Word, Leviticus 19:1-2
“Speak to all the congregation of the sons of Israel and say to them, ‘You shall be holy, for I the Lord your God am holy.

This morning Hubby came back inside after having left for work to show me the moon. The sun had just started to come up so there was an orange glow on the horizon and the clouds above it were a dusty purple color. The moon was just a sliver and the dog star was visible with it - so pretty.

I hope to come back and visit blogs later - I'll have to see. I'm not feeling well today. 
 

5 comments:

  1. Sorry you aren't feeling well today! You have been so busy! Getting some of the cooking done ahead is a great plan! How beautiful that sky must have been, and how nice of your hubby to bring it to your attention! Rest as you can! It will be interesting to see if your elderly student comes back! Playing piano must be on her bucket list!! Good for her!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your website, it's so cheerful. I hope you have an easy Christmas with all your make ahead meals.

    Best Wishes,
    Diana Freeman

    ReplyDelete
  3. Freezing the vegetarian chili and having it on Christmas Eve is such a great idea!

    I wish I would have seen the moon like that! Sounds like it was beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A new student is good, no matter the age. She might be fun.
    The sunrise was beautiful. God's paint pallet.
    Sorry you didn't feel good today. Hope it's nothing that's going to hang on. Get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are wise to prepare meals ahead of time. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete