There is not much in the schedule here at the little turquoise house today and that's fine.
I do have the ever-present laundry situation to take care of, a button to sew on my winter dress coat as well as tighten the others, and the instructions to an iris-folding Christmas card to figure out and make. If I have too much trouble, I'll have to head over to the store to seek help. I do want to get it done, it's such a pretty card.
I have one student this afternoon at 3:45. Supper will be a small ham that I'll put in the crock-pot in a while - it's pre-cooked, so it just needs to warm and tenderize. Along with the ham I'll serve a baked potato and green beans, all very easy to prepare.
The temps are up in the mid 30's today, but it's still very gray out. Hubby chose to save the wood and not put a fire in the stove this morning. The forecast also calls for snow showers, but I don't think we'll get any.
The verses I want to share from God's Word today come from the Daily Bread. I know some of you read that everyday, but in light of what Carol blogged about recently, I thought it was a timely message.
I John 2:15-17
"Do not love the world nor the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh and the lust of the eyes and the boastful pride of life, is not from the Father, but is from the world. 17 The world is passing away, and also its lusts; but the one who does the will of God lives forever."
A good verse to keep in mind! Your dinner sounds yummy, and I love an easy fix like that! We are having a cool front come through. It is in the mid 50s tonight and only mid-70s tomorrow! Hurray for turning off the AC again!
ReplyDeleteI try to remember that verse every day. It's so easy to get all wrapped up in the things of this world.
ReplyDeleteYour supper sounds good. We've had lots of beautiful sunshine the last couple days so I'm hoping that maybe it will travel up to your area. :)
You have a great day.