It's been a dark week. I looked out the window one afternoon at 3:00 p.m. and I couldn't believe how dark it was. It's also been windy and we've had that awful mix of rain and snow. I know it sounds like I'm complaining, I'm trying not to, really...it is what it is...it's messy and dark and there is no other way to say it.
On a brighter note, this week Hubby and I celebrated thirty one-derful years of married joy. Hubby brought in a bouquet of a dozen red roses which are GORGEOUS and we went out to dinner at a favorite spot here in town. I love this little restaurant at Christmas. They always have a huge tree that you have to walk around and it's all decorated with homespun, old fashioned ornaments like dried orange slices, popcorn and cranberries although, the snowballs with faces are a little creepy looking. Over the bar, pine boughs are strung, accented with monster pine-cones. I wish I could post pictures...maybe next year. I have been thinking even more so than usual about our marriage and how blessed we have been. Two imperfect people do not a perfect marriage make, but when I look at the marriages and family situations around me...WE ARE SO BLESSED. I know it's nothing we've done, we try to be obedient and faithful to that which God has called us, but it is God who preserves us...this I know and I'm grateful.
I've only accomplished a portion of our decorating. I've set out my mother's manger scene and decorated my surfaces with woodworking crafts my kids made in school and my mother's Santa collection, but Hubby and Daughter have not had time to pick out a tree. It has become tradition that the two of them take care of that job each Christmas. I'll never forget how awful I felt the year we moved to the house and I decided it was time for a fake tree for convenience sake. I found out the hard way how much my daughter looked forward to choosing the tree with her dad each year. It was her special thing to do and by setting up the fake tree I took that away from her...I didn't know. Soooooo, I keep the fake tree in the closet.
I went for a massage this morning, my therapist had a cancellation and I jumped at the chance to get in. Ever since I stood in the kitchen for 8 hours on Thanksgiving I have been an awful mess. I know, most of you are thinking, "oh, lucky her, she gets a massage", well, let me tell you, when I get a massage it is anything but relaxing. After an hour and a half of being on the table, I was so ready to get off. I am feeling the benefits now though, my body feels looser, but oh...there is still so much more to dig through.
I can't believe it's 3:00 already. I'm happy I don't have to cook supper tonight...leftovers again. I spent $7.00 on a DVD today...Holiday Inn. I bought White Christmas last year. I have to start watching my Christmas movies now, once the kids arrive, I won't be able to.
Time to leave blog land and go address envelopes for Christmas cards. I sure hope we get more than we did last year, otherwise this might be the last year I do this. Maybe I'll put in my new DVD while I work on them.
Great wedding photos! I love those old movies, and we have both of them in our collection. You just can't beat Bing Crosby and those old dancers and crooners! Now I need to find outs and put them in the stack of Christmas movies to watch again! Picking out the tree is a great tradition for your husband and daughter. I'm sure it will be a memory she holds dear forever!
ReplyDeleteI love the photos.
ReplyDeleteI love White Christmas and It's a Wonderful Life - Haven't seen the other one. I hope you enjoy the movie.
Happy Anniversary, and the pictures are beautiful. Hope you have many more happy years. I love the Christmas movies too. I have watched "It's a Wonderful Life", and will catch the others in the next week or so.
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary! I love your wedding photos, you were such a beautiful bride! The restaurant where you celebrated your anniversary sounds so nice. Happy to hear you were able to get in for a message:-) Have a great weekend, Julie!
ReplyDeletemassage..not message..lol
ReplyDelete"Two imperfect people do not a perfect marriage make" ... I must remember that. It speaks to me. Congratulations on your anniversary. What a sweet hubby you have with the flowers and dinner out. I love your wedding pictures. Your dress was gorgeous. A beautiful bride.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you were able to get a massage. I told my daughter today I have to get over to her house for her to give me one. My back is hurting again. Big time. Your new DVD's are real classics. I love those movies.
Tomorrow I'm getting my cards ready to mail.
You take care.