Saturday, August 10, 2013

Juice Day

I slept in this morning...well, rather I went back to bed...something unheard of in years! Hubby and Daughter #2 will be riding a bike race today so I had to get up and take the dogs out - Gilmore told me it was time a little before 6 a.m. Once Hubby is up I get up to spend time with him, but this morning, I came in, fed the dogs and went back to bed. I finally climbed out at 7 and I must admit, it felt good.

Since I won't be cooking for Hubby, I decided to do a juice fast while he was away. I tried yesterday and I did pretty well, but gave in to have something to eat last night. I'm going to try again today. The idea is to clean out the system and hopefully get my diet back on track. Even with what I did do yesterday, I can tell a difference in how I feel and I truly hope this is the start of good things for not only my weight by my over all health as well. It was nice yesterday to go outside and pull my juicing ingredients fresh out of the ground!

I got a much needed massage on Thursday but nearly came off the table when she came to my right side. She said I was way too tender and that I might have a rib or vertebra out of place. I made an appt. with my chiropractor yesterday and my massage therapist was correct...it's a rib.  Several adjustments were made and she did some manipulative work, but I'm still hurting some. I may need to go back again next week. I have strict instructions not to lift anything heavy and do only mild stretches for exercise for now.

Other than take a card making class today, I don't have any other plans and I'm unsure as to how I'm going to spend my day. The sun is supposed to shine today - something we haven't seen consistently much at all this week, so I think laundry is a good idea. I will also be preparing a meal for after church on Sunday - Daughter #2 and her friends that joined us last week will all be here again. The house is in need of a good cleaning, it's time to get the studio organized for the rest of my students to return, I need to practice, and my card making project hasn't even gotten started yet. Sooooooo much to do and so little time.

Laundry is done, time to hang it out...






3 comments:

  1. You are so smart to do the cleansing and then diet. I hope it all works well for you. Enjoy the day alone, doing what you want, when you want!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never done a cleansing day but I think it's a good idea. ** A rib out of place? Wow. That's not good. You take it easy. Have a good day. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Busy, busy! But it sounds like a good busy! The juice fast seems like a good idea. Not sure I could get myself to do it, but I have read about how good it is for you. Keep us posted on your progress, please!

    ReplyDelete