After church we were expecting Daughter #2 and three of her friends to join us for lunch so I had made a large crock pot filled with enchiladas and we had chips, salsa and queso all ready, but Daughter came up to us and told us she had to work unexpectedly. She said the boys were disappointed because they were all craving a home cooked meal. When the service was over and we had communion cleaned up and the dishes put away, Hubby found the boys still milling around so he invited them over anyway. I don't mind. They are all three fine Christian young men and all away from home for the summer. I think they needed not only the food but a little "family time".
It's quiet here now...almost too quiet. Hubby went to the shop to get some work done; I should be working on cards but my creative bone isn't working right now. I think I'm too discouraged...not that I didn't win the lottery, but that I feel like there is no one really behind me on this project except for Hubby. Don't get me wrong, I can't tell you how blessed I am to have him working so hard to find me an organ, but I just feel like we're swimming upstream and no one else wants to do anything to help. Many of my friends (not at church) have suggested garage sales, bake sales, car washes...great...but those projects are just too big to handle by myself. At church this morning I felt myself starting to get a defensive attitude and I fear one day someone may say the wrong thing and they will see a side of me that is rarely seen by anyone.
I long to go somewhere, do something fun, see something new, spend time with a friend but there is nothing here to do that hasn't been done, nothing that hasn't been seen a gajillion times over and no one around.
Our Mae girl is rapidly declining. Hubby doesn't know what to do, but when we got home from church and were ready to take them out, she couldn't get up without assistance, and then fell down the front steps on the way out. The bones at the top of her hips are protruding...she's eating well, but is still becoming skin and bone. It breaks my heart to see her struggle so. Tomorrow is her and Gilmore's appointment with the vet - what will Hubby decide? Will she be coming home with us?
I apologize if this post is coming across as too negative. I am a little down and discouraged, but I'm fine really and God is good and He is still on the throne. I may just grab a book and go sit in the sun for a bit. I won't be able to do that much longer.


I am so sorry you are so down, but I do understand why...many reasons knocking at the door of your heart. Hope and pray you will get the answers soon.
ReplyDeleteJulie, I so wish we lived closer. I would be there to help raise some money for your church's much need organ. Unfortunately, we didn't win the lottery either. We do try every week, though. I'm so sad that the pastor and the congregation aren't behind getting a new organ.
ReplyDeleteHow nice that your daughter's friends got to come home with you for that yummy meal you prepared. I'm sure you made their day.
Hope that sunshine felt good, and I wish you a good week ahead. Hugs.
So sorry, Julie, but I can understand how you feel. It's sad the church won't do anything to help. I would think the warranty with the new organ would be worth the additional cost. I can understand tho' how they have to stick with their budget. I came across something like this when I was church secretary/treasurer. People wanted to spend money on something that wasn't in the budget. I gave our pastor the figures and he had to concede too.
ReplyDeleteIt was so sweet of you having the boys over for a meal. I'm sure they loved it and needed it.
I hope you feel better tomorrow. You are right... God is still there so all will work out. See you soon. ♥
I came by to catch up and wondered about your most recent post being on Sunday, already some time ago. Reading your post made me worry even more. I hope your depression didn't get any worse. I can understand your need for something fun, something new. And your dog must be a great worry.
ReplyDeleteHang in there Julie, it will get better. ♥