DEGREES! Tomorrow they are predicting a high of 66 degrees for us here in the far north! Yesterday we saw 52 and today they say we'll see 61, but tomorrow 66! I hope we make it. It looks like spring has finally arrived. We saw a significant snow melt yesterday...quite noticeable by the fence line in the neighbors yard. I watched my first Robin Redbreast of the season walk down my driveway and another this morning said hello from the porch rail!! The Junkos came to visit during breakfast...Hubby is going to have to don his snowshoes to reach the feeder; I'm sure the seed is moldy and needs replacing. Poor little fellows are probably hungry!
Yesterday my friend Anita and I went to the Alzheimer Anita's house to make lunch for her, it went well and I'm learning my way around her kitchen so I should be able to do fine when I have to go alone. The most difficult thing will be trying to carry on a conversation. I'm not much of a talker and find it hard to come up with conversation in normal situations, but with just her and I, I will feel a lot like I'm talking to myself. After lunch we took her to one of the local coffee shops to have coffee and just to get her out of the house for a bit. She seemed to do fine, although I had to stay close to her as she got out of the car while we were parked on the street as she has no traffic sense anymore.
I've been hiding away for the last couple of days dealing with some emotional baggage that crops up once in a while and also working on my family history. I should be able to scrapbook a page or two today unless Hubby has other plans for me. I'm also noticing my short leg is pulling my hips out of alignment again to where it's affecting my stride, so I need to do some serious stretching today. I might even get brave and pull my bike out for a short ride if Hubby checks the tires for me.
Last night Hubby and I had a date night. We went to our favorite dinner spot and I ate WAY too much. Fortunately, we walked, so that helped, but I really shouldn't have indulged so much. Back on track today though and with the warmer weather I hope to take advantage and get outside and walk. Mid - week next week we do have some rain/snow mix on the way again, I'll have to see how brave I am and how slippery the streets get as to whether I'll don the rain gear and walk anyway.
I've been trying to change the background here and I've done it before, but it doesn't seem to work right. I went to Shabby blogs, grabbed a code, pasted it in the html gadget and all it does is post the code to my sidebar. :/ I'm very confused as to what I'm doing wrong. If anyone can help, I'd be grateful. Also, it's a long story, but I lost all my bookmarks on my computer and I had bookmarked several favorite sites for blogger backgrounds but can't remember their names now. Would you be willing to share your favorites with me by posting a link in the comments? I remembered shabbyblogs, but that's it. Thanks.
Well, time to get a little housework done, I'll be back later to try and change my background again.


http://plumroselane-bckgrnds.blogspot.com/2010/09/themes.html
ReplyDelete-----
http://www.blogdesignsbydani.com/
-----
http://aquapoppydesigns2.blogspot.com/
-----
I have several more, but hopefully these will give you some to check out.
I am so glad you are getting at least a taste of spring...wish I could send you some of ours. Julie, we all have things in our lives that bring us down/depress us now and then, but with the help of our Lord, we can climb back up and out and have good days. Praying for you.
Thanks Linda. It seems everything is working now.
ReplyDeleteHi Julie... your new page is beautiful. I usually use Shabby because I have trouble with other sites. I do the right things, I think, but so many times it won't work. That's why I don't change mine very often..... Glad to hear your weather is finally showing some signs of spring. After we saw our first robins, we got another snow storm. I felt bad for them but they took it better than I did.... I hope you're having a good day. Keep your chin up and smile. Hope you feel better soon. Remember: this too shall pass. ♥
ReplyDeleteYou had a warmer day here than we did!
ReplyDeleteI was looking at the weather in Marquette, MI where I grew up and was amazed to see the temperature. It was cold and gloomy here.
Your page looks great. There's a lot I need to learn on Blogger but just haven't felt up to going beyond the simple yet.
Hope your week is good
I like your new background. I found that I had to go to the template and adjust the width of my blog, so it fit into the background better. It looks great, though, so I think you figured it out! Glad your snow is melting, and that the birds will soon be fed some fresh seed! I'm sure your patient, Anita, was happy to get out, even if she didn't quite understand. A change of scenery had to do her good. It's so great that you are helping her.
ReplyDelete