It's been a lazy sort of afternoon. Of course there was church this morning, then it was home to left-over spaghetti for lunch. I made a menu for the week and a grocery list and for a few minutes even contemplated going to do my grocery shopping, but Hubby says he wants to go back to church for the evening service...I could have done my shopping and returned in time to go with him, but I didn't wish to be rushed.
Daughter #2 came and stayed last night with us. She made cookies this afternoon and I'm finding it very difficult to stay away from them.
I am not feeling well and I hesitate to say it because I have said it so many times, but I know I need to make serious changes to my diet and exercise program...rather, the lack thereof. I have been doing more research on healthy eating and have an added incentive to be more diligent...Daughter #2 is having some issues that I won't go into here, but I firmly believe much of it can be helped with a change in diet. It's difficult for a busy college student and I understand that, but I am going to try very hard to help her in any way I can. She has done some work in improving her eating habits, but it's not enough. I was doing so good in this area just a year ago, but have fallen back into bad habits.
Anyway, all that to say you may find me talking more about food, diet, excercise, etc. in the weeks to come.
The next three days will be busy ones for me. I will be doing my grocery shopping first thing in the morning and running all the guest bedding through the wash again, then cleaning the bathroom and cooking food to prepare for arrival of our company on Tuesday.
Well, it's time to get ready to head back over to church. I hope you enjoy the remainder of your weekend.


Hi Julie! I'll look forward to hearing about your diet changes, because I am doing the same. We can compare notes!! Hope you had a good service tonight and I wish you a good week ahead!!
ReplyDeleteGood morning, Julie! It's amazing what great things can happen to your health by changing your eating and exercising habits. Walt and I have been eating healthy and working out for a few weeks now and we have been logging our blood pressure readings and I am happy to say we both have lowered our BP! I'm excited to show my doctor. She was thinking of putting us on medication but now it is in the normal range so I think we have avoided it. Looking forward to hearing more about your diet changes!
ReplyDeleteI've been doing the same thing .. working on eating more healthy foods. I've fallen back into our old habits too.... cakes, cookies, Pepsi, etc. But I've found that I can't follow a particular diet plan that be too restrictive. I think WW's point system is a good one with their freedom to choose foods, but I'll have to do this on my own and I definitely can't tell Bob that he's not getting the potatoes and gravy like he wants as often... just occasionally.
ReplyDeleteI'd love to hear your ideas, choices and things you've learned in your research. It helps me to stay focused too.
Have a great day. ♥
I am with you on the diet . I need to do something besides the exercise I have been faithful to . I think I'm eating too many carbs or wrong combinations of food. Stress definitely doesn't help nor situational depression which I've hopefully working through to the brighter side.
ReplyDeleteI'd be interested in your ideas as well when you find a plan that works.