Monday, April 08, 2013

A Busy Week Ahead

This morning we woke to more snow falling...lots of it. And as I was enjoying my coffee at the kitchen table, a young deer decided to take a stroll down the middle of our street. By the time I got my camera, he had scaled the snowbank and was camouflaging himself in the trees. I did snap this photo though, he's there, in the trees to the left of the pole. No, really..he is.

As I look at my calendar page spread open on my desk this morning I am a bit overwhelmed. With our company arriving tomorrow I have today to get the guest room ready...again, clean the bathroom, do the laundry, the grocery shopping and some cooking. 

All my students except three have been rescheduled to other days and times this week and I feel like I don't know which end is up. To further complicate matters (in a good way), two ladies wish to have lunch with me this week...one to discuss sharing the organist job that I may be hired for and the other to discuss planning another scrapbook event at our church. I'm waiting on the first one to get back with me on her choice of day before I can try to schedule the second and I'll have to make sure I get home in time for students to arrive early afternoons on both days. I rarely get an opportunity to have lunch with anyone and here I get two in one week and on one of my busiest weeks of the year. What are the odds?? 

Thank you all for your encouragements and kind words regarding my possible new job, my diet and exercise plans and the possibility of my working with the Alzheimer's patient. I feel like so much is up in the air in my life right now and it's a little unsettling. I do think I will be working with the Alzheimer's patient, I feel God leading me in that direction...it's not difficult, just a little time consuming and I would be taking some of the load off of others'...many hands make light work. I do think I will be preparing a lunch ahead and taking it with me. All that was available for us to eat there is canned soup, white bread and snack crackers...none of which will be allowed on my eating plan. This of course will mean more planning and organization for me. I'm not starting this week though...too much going on. 

A couple of you have expressed interest in my eating plan and as things ease up and I get into it more I will share more about that. I hope it will encourage me to stay the course and perhaps you as well. 

The hands on my desk clock just keep going 'round and 'round...time waits for no man/woman. I must get started on my day.

Those of you blessed with sunshine, please enjoy some for me. 

5 comments:

  1. I will enjoy my sunshine twice for you, Julie. You have a busy week, starting now!! Prayers flowing your way. I know you will handle it all with grace!! Check in when you can, because I'll be thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those deer are good at camouflaging themselves. A friend posted a picture the other day of a herd in the field across from her house. Even standing out in the open in a plowed field, it was hard to see them. They are beautiful animals. ** You do have a full calendar. I'll be thinking of you but you can do it. One step at a time... one day at a time.
    Hope you're having a good day. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying that all you have to do goes by smoothly. As organized as you seem to be tho, bet it happens before you even know it. Enjoy your company.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! All that snow! It looks like you are very busy and I need to scroll down and get caught up on things. I hope that all goes favorably regarding my possible new job, my diet and exercise plans and the possibility of my working with the Alzheimer's patient. Prayers for strength for today and as the song Great is Thy Faithfulness goes "bright hope for tomorrow" lot's of blessing overflowing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I clicked on the picture and made it larger, I could see the deer! It was hard to see but I found him..LOL. It has been raining here since Sunday. No sun for us but I am happy that there is no snow. You certainly have a lot on your plate right now but I know that everything will fall into place. I will continue to keep you in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete