I
have been working on a small photo album to give my mother for
Christmas. At the last minute I also decided to include an 8x10 framed
picture of M and I. Today I made the trip down to visit with her and
make the delivery. When I arrived she was eating a late breakfast and
didn't seem too interested in it, but she was interested in the
package I brought in. I told her it was her Christmas gift and that as
soon as she finished her breakfast, she could open it. Just like a child
she fairly polished her plate and amazed the staff in the process! We
looked through the book together, and she said everyone looked familiar,
but she couldn't put a name to anyone. Her face just lit up when
she opened the 8x10, so I'm really glad now that I included it. We
sat together for about an hour. I had to bring her back
periodically as she seems to zone out. At one point she got a
chill and I went to her room to get her sweater. I found out she is no
longer able to dress herself and I had to put her arms in the sleeves
just like how I used to dress my children. It was fairly obvious she
didn't really know who I was, but she did know that whoever I was,
she loved me and she made a point to tell me so. I couldn't ask for
anything better.
No comments:
Post a Comment