| Entry for December 06, 2006 Lessons And Carols | for Julie's contacts |
M
and I just returned home from "A Service of Advent Lessons and Carols".
What a wonderful way to begin the Christmas season. I love the music!! I
love having the opportunity to lift my voice in song along with the
pipe organ, it is a treat I don't often have. D did a wonderful job
as always. The blending of Scripture and hymns was excellent. I am so
thankful that the bad weather held off so we were able to go. After the
service we went downstairs for some treats and D invited us to join him
and his parents at their table. I was surprised that his mother
remembered me, it has been several years now since we last saw each
other. She is always very sweet to me.
This
year I find myself truly celebrating Advent more than I have in past
years. Most of the hymns we sang tonight I wasn't familiar with,
but they blessed my heart with their texts of hope and anticipation. I
had a very nice evening and will go to sleep tonight with a hymn on my
heart. Savior Of The Nations Come.
No comments:
Post a Comment