Friday, August 10, 2012

Memories of Daddy on Valentine's Day

My memories always turn to my Daddy on Valentine's Day, it was a day he never failed to celebrate. One year I remember he even bought my mom a used Pontiac...red of course! I don't think I'll ever forget how surprised she was when he took her outside; how she loved that car!

He and I were never really very close and he was gone more often than not, but one thing I could always count on was a heart shaped box of candy on Valentine's Day. Each year the box was different and he was careful to choose one that fit my age and special interests at the time. Sometimes I wish I could have saved them all, how fun that would be to look back on them all now. Although my waistline certainly doesn't need a box of candy any day of the year, I have to admit I do miss looking forward to that special box each year from my daddy and I find myself every year going to the seasonal section of the store to look over the beautiful array of heart shaped boxes and getting a little teary while missing my daddy.

I hope today brings all of you special memories and loads of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment