Monday the 13th,
the Organists showcased the Felgemaker tracker organ in
St. Cecilia's church. This church is slated to close in October,
so it was a bittersweet evening because we don't know the future
fate of this beautiful instrument. Having just returned from a busy
weekend away, and not being able to practice much this summer due to my
back problems, I had a very disappointing evening. I had originally
planned to play two pieces, but chose to do only one at the last minute
because I didn't feel prepared and because the tracker action was
painful to play causing my carpal tunnel to flare up. The one piece I
did play I knew very well, but still managed to crash quite badly. One
other recitalist had a few problems but was able to cover well. All in
all, the music was beautiful and the audience seemed especially pleased.
We had several people come up to view the organ afterwards, and we made
over $100.00 in donations. Below is a picture of one of the windows in
the church. It is depicting St. Cecilia, the patron St. of church music.
I found myself daydreaming about purchasing the building complete with
organ and turning it into our home. If I were only rich!!
No comments:
Post a Comment